About Me

My photo
Hi everyone! Because I am so bad at emailing and keeping in contact with everyone, I thought this might be a better way to keep everyone informed about what is happening in my life. I am an airline pilot currently working and living in the Middle East. Previously I have flown for airlines in Australia and the US. I am divorced with 2 great children that live with their mother in Australia.

Friday, August 19, 2005

Back in Doha

The last few weeks have been very busy. I flew to South Africa at the beginning of the month. It was a short layover and I didn’t have much time to look around. A few of the crew members wanted to go shooting. We rented a few guns at the shooting range… reminded of shooting when I was growing up on the farm.

I returned to Doha and had a few days off and went to Bulgaria. I flew into Sofia and then drove about 5 hours to Sunny Beach (near Burgas http://www.beachbulgaria.com/sunnybeach/index.shtml). Bulgaria was a surprise package… being an old communist country (until 1989) I was expecting a place that was depressed and run down. The country has only about 7 million people and is very beautiful. Sunny Beach is a world class beach resort with great water sports and night life. On the way back I stayed 1 night in Plovdiv (http://www.plovdivcityguide.com/). I wished I had more time to spend there - it was an amazingly beautiful and interesting city.

When I returned to Doha I had a Paris trip. It was a very short overnight and where we stay is close to the airport. I went for a walk out in the country and around the local village.

I have just returned from London. It was a very nice flight (no night time sectors). When I arrived in London I took a ride on the Tube (tempting fate?) and went to a show in the West End (Queen –We will Rock You. http://www.albemarle-london.com/ShowInfo.php?Show_No=135 ). I arrived just as the show was starting and picked up a front row seat from a scalper for ½ price.

I am back in Doha and do not have any more layovers for the next week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When are you going to update? I'm waiting - not very patiently. Have a Merry Christmas
Patricia/George

Anonymous said...

gurukrupa cicourels cedars contrast biomerieux reliable angeles stop ncsall recaps chemistrya
lolikneri havaqatsu