About Me

My photo
Hi everyone! Because I am so bad at emailing and keeping in contact with everyone, I thought this might be a better way to keep everyone informed about what is happening in my life. I am an airline pilot currently working and living in the Middle East. Previously I have flown for airlines in Australia and the US. I am divorced with 2 great children that live with their mother in Australia.

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Manchester

Manchester is a city obsessed with their football (soccer). There seems to be billboards everywhere about it. There is a rough element (of people) around and a person can see where the soccer hooligans come from. The accent of the local yobs (hooligans) is so thick that it is almost not English. There are security cameras on every street corner and every shop. The newspapers are full of stories about violence and people getting bashed (beaten up) by the yobs...Besides all this downtown Manchester is a pretty place.
It seems that every old building (there are quite a few - all renovated) had clocks on them. The city looks as if it is doing well economically.
I am finding the flying on the A330 to be away from Doha a lot (that’s a good thing I think). By the time I arrive home form a flight I only normally have about 10 hours to wash clothes sleep and get ready to leave again. I am off to Paris this morning arriving back Saturday morning about 07:00 AM.

No comments:

Blog Archive