About Me

My photo
Hi everyone! Because I am so bad at emailing and keeping in contact with everyone, I thought this might be a better way to keep everyone informed about what is happening in my life. I am an airline pilot currently working and living in the Middle East. Previously I have flown for airlines in Australia and the US. I am divorced with 2 great children that live with their mother in Australia.

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

In Toulouse!

Arrived late last night in Toulouse.... weather is a bit cold but the city looks nice. The hotel that I am staying at it just ok....small room, lovely color (if you like sleeping in an orange room!) and down a dark street. I was told that they had internet....not true! I looked around for another place a bit nicer but with the large amount of money Qatar Airways allows me for a hotel it would cost me about US$600-700 more out of my pocket...so I think I will just stay there! I found a cyber cafe but it is very confusing- all the letters are in different places on the keyboard( so I type even slower now!). I found a good little gym about a 15 minute walk from my hotel so at least I can try and keep up with Harold and Kathy (my brother and sister) in their little contest (3 month weight loss and improve fitness). But the diet bit will be a bit hard here as the French are not well known for their low-fat food!
I start class tomorrow and will finish the ground school Friday. Then the weekend off...for some sight seeing, study and of course working out! My simulator starts Monday. I will try and post some pics on Friday or Monday.

No comments:

Blog Archive