About Me

My photo
Hi everyone! Because I am so bad at emailing and keeping in contact with everyone, I thought this might be a better way to keep everyone informed about what is happening in my life. I am an airline pilot currently working and living in the Middle East. Previously I have flown for airlines in Australia and the US. I am divorced with 2 great children that live with their mother in Australia.

Monday, March 21, 2005

Passed my check ride!

The last week has been very busy- On Wednesday I visited the A330/A340 production line. It was much smaller than I thought it would be. They can produce about 7 aircraft a month and it takes about 7 weeks to produce an aircraft.
I finished my simulator check ride and now am rated on the A330! The check went well. I have 1 more day of training – what is called All Weather Operations (AWOPS). It allows me to land in very low visibility (200m).
Today I went on an Airbus tour to a mediaeval fortified town called Carcassonne (http://goeurope.about.com/od/carcassonne/). It is still inhabited and is amazing! It is very impressive and some of the museums there are very interesting (especially the Torture Museum from the Inquisition http://www.torturamuseum.com/ ).
I am heading back to Doha on Wednesday morning and should be fully checked out and flying the line on the A330 by the second week in April.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kirk: Nice to hear from you finally--we were all wondering what was happening. Congrats!!!
I hope you have enjoyed your stay in France, even with the studying, testing, etc. All's well here--we just have lots of rain here that I'm trying to send north to Washington where they are so thirsty. Yhey need it and we don't. Love, Kathy

Blog Archive