About Me

My photo
Hi everyone! Because I am so bad at emailing and keeping in contact with everyone, I thought this might be a better way to keep everyone informed about what is happening in my life. I am an airline pilot currently working and living in the Middle East. Previously I have flown for airlines in Australia and the US. I am divorced with 2 great children that live with their mother in Australia.

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Life back in Doha.

Since I returned back to Doha from Toulouse life has gotten back into a routine. My training partner from sticks and Wing Chun instructor (Steve) has healed from his last injury (a torn pectoral major tendon- ouch!) so the easy life for me (like no bruises) is over! We did our first full contact session on Tuesday. It was an easy start but still have some ‘nice colour’ on my body. I have also started training Brazilian Ju-jitsu here with a guy named Noe (pronounced no-way) from the military base. It gives me something to do to keep Doha interesting. The weather is starting to warm up (getting up to about 32C / 89F). Today I will go out to watch (and maybe try) some kite surfing. It has just taken off here in Qatar and might be a new hobby for me.
I start my line training on the A330 Monday (4th) and finish on the 14th. I am looking forwards to getting out and flying again.
I will try to put on some pictures from Doha in the next few days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kirk:

Kite flying sounds fun--I'd rather be hit by a wave than a stick (I think!?!, but maybe not). Is it a little litte wind surfing, but with more air? I saw something that maybe was kite flying in SF the other day--we were out on a boat under the Golden Gate bridge and saw people getting lots of air as they surfed the wakes/waves. Good luck and have some fun!!

I'm looking for Melbourne to show up on your route map--as I know you are.

Which city is closest to Nikelle? She and Johnny are in Orange County, CA for a week or two--his grandmother is not doing well. She'll be there until 4/7 and Johnny until 4/14, I think.

Bye for now. Love, Kathy

Blog Archive