About Me

My photo
Hi everyone! Because I am so bad at emailing and keeping in contact with everyone, I thought this might be a better way to keep everyone informed about what is happening in my life. I am an airline pilot currently working and living in the Middle East. Previously I have flown for airlines in Australia and the US. I am divorced with 2 great children that live with their mother in Australia.

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Kite Surfing!

The last few days I have been doing a bit of study for the new aircraft and hoping the wind would pick up so I could try some kite surfing. There is a great group of ex-pats (foreign workers) who are into kite surfing here. Today the wind finally picked up enough for me to have a try….what fun! I just played on the beach with a small kite and not much wind - the power they have is incredible! I was being pulled through the sand on my feet…it can only imagine what a big kite in a strong wind would be like. I ‘m going to try a bigger kite sometime in the next week, which will be lots of fun.
Last night I played golf for the first time in about a year. It was night golf and I think Tiger Woods will not lose any sleep worrying about me! (My score was horrible…55 for 9 holes- I will not be giving up my flying job!)
Tomorrow I have a CRM (cockpit resource management) course, which is about using all available resources to manage a flight. It is the last ground school that I have to convert on the A330.
My first flight on the A330 will be on Monday. I will post again then.

No comments:

Blog Archive