About Me

My photo
Hi everyone! Because I am so bad at emailing and keeping in contact with everyone, I thought this might be a better way to keep everyone informed about what is happening in my life. I am an airline pilot currently working and living in the Middle East. Previously I have flown for airlines in Australia and the US. I am divorced with 2 great children that live with their mother in Australia.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

First A330 flight.

I had my first flight on the A-330…what a nice airplane! It is very stable to fly and Airbus has improved a lot of the systems from theA320. I flew to Jeddah Saudi Arabia and back to Doha.
I had a bit of a problem with passengers when I returned to Doha. The flight attendants (fa’s) advise we had a sick passenger when were about 10 minutes from landing and that we would require a doctor to meet the aircraft. When we landed the fa’s advised me that the passenger was oozing blood from the mouth and the skin around the neck area, had a high fever, face very puffy, jaundice and the passenger had told them she had yellow fever. I was not sure if it was a highly contagious disease or not so I quarantined the aircraft until a doctor could come and advise what should be done. Later I found out that it is transmitted by mosquitoes…better to be safe than sorry!
My next flight is on Friday- I’m excited!

No comments:

Blog Archive