About Me

My photo
Hi everyone! Because I am so bad at emailing and keeping in contact with everyone, I thought this might be a better way to keep everyone informed about what is happening in my life. I am an airline pilot currently working and living in the Middle East. Previously I have flown for airlines in Australia and the US. I am divorced with 2 great children that live with their mother in Australia.

Friday, April 15, 2005

A-330 training is over!

Sorry I have not published for a while but I finished my training on the A-330. I did my A-330 final check ride yesterday and now I can relax! The ride went very well and I was very happy with the way I flew the aircraft. My first scheduled trip is on Monday to London, but I am on standby on Sunday night so anything could happen!
Today I plan to do a good spring clean of the apartment, a weights workout, go kitesurfing (if the wind agrees –not looking promising at this stage at 10:00 AM), a training session with sticks and a few drinks tonight with the kitesurfing crowd. Overall a very busy day! The temperature in Doha is starting to get warm (today forecasted to be 37C/98F) but a few more months before it gets humid.
I am posting a few pictures from Nepal (the A-330 does not fly there…I will miss going there) from the last few years.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kirk:

Congrats and have fun in London and wherever you are jetting to in your new "bus."

I hope the wind picked up a bit and that you didn't crash into any more rocks while kite surfing. Sounds like a fun-fill day, except for Steve & his sticks.

Taxes are all filed and I am weary--it took awhile to sort out the boys' taxes and file them--ugh!!!

Good night for here--I'm hoping for Pleasant dreams and a beautiful spring day tomorrow--in the upper 70s and sunny. Wonderful. Wish you were here. Love the photos. Lots of memories and adventures--with many more to come in new places around the world. Enjoy!

Give my love to Ella & James.

Love,

Kathy

Anonymous said...

Well done Kirk!

On to bigger and better things!

Who is the mysterious Kathy???

Keep posting!

Regards

Rob C

Blog Archive