About Me

My photo
Hi everyone! Because I am so bad at emailing and keeping in contact with everyone, I thought this might be a better way to keep everyone informed about what is happening in my life. I am an airline pilot currently working and living in the Middle East. Previously I have flown for airlines in Australia and the US. I am divorced with 2 great children that live with their mother in Australia.

Monday, April 04, 2005

Kite 1 - Kirk 5 (stiches!)

Well today I had my second kite lesson. It lasted about 10 seconds and resulted in 2 ½ hours at the hospital and 5 stitches! Kite 1 - Kirk 0! I was going to learn how to ‘body drag’ through the water, so we went about 100 metres from shore on a little submerged sandbank that we thought there were no rock around and found some underwater rocks! My ride (uncontrolled) lasted less than 10 seconds- but it was fun for the first 7 seconds until I found the rocks! I cut my elbow, lost some bark (skin) off of my legs and ruined a new pair of board short (the most upsetting thing)! I hope to give it another try on Wednesday…this time I’ll win!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No pain no Game I guess...

Kim

Anonymous said...

Kirk!

I thought you said it was a quality stack .... not a scratch!

You big woosey!

Rob

Blog Archive