About Me

My photo
Hi everyone! Because I am so bad at emailing and keeping in contact with everyone, I thought this might be a better way to keep everyone informed about what is happening in my life. I am an airline pilot currently working and living in the Middle East. Previously I have flown for airlines in Australia and the US. I am divorced with 2 great children that live with their mother in Australia.

Saturday, July 23, 2005

I am back!

Long time no post! I am back in Qatar flying after the holiday with the kids. I had a bit of trouble with the computer and no time to fix up my blog until now.
The holiday with the kids was great. They have grown and matured so much since I saw them last. Ella is proving to be an A+ student and her personality is as wonderful as ever! She is such a well rounded person and will excel in anything she does in life. James has matured a lot and is now at the top of his class and doing really well at school. He is starting to improve in sports and as with his sister he has a beautiful nature. I am very proud of both children. They flew to Bangkok (by their selves) and we looked around for a day. One of the places we went was to the snake farm where we watch one of the handlers get bitten by a snake! Luckily for him it was not poisonous (the snake he was handling before was a king cobra…lucky man!). We then flew to Penang Malaysia for a week. I did not realise that all the Arabs escape the Middle East during summer to Malaysia! It felt like I was in Doha (not really at least it was green!). We stayed on the beach at first then changed to an Island resort called Jerejak. I had some bad luck on the way there a taxi ran over my foot as I was getting out which put a bit of a damper on the rest of the holiday (no broken bones ,just some lost skin and bruising). The kids enjoyed the activities there including rock climbing, abseiling, flying fox, and archery. We then returned to Bangkok and did some shopping! It was very sad to let the kids return to Melbourne, I miss them heaps …but that is life.
I returned and was sent straight to Bangkok for 5 days and then off to Singapore for about 4 days. I am now back in Doha and heading out today for a 7 day trip that includes Dhaka (Bangladesh), Tripoli (Libya - thankfully no overnight there!) and Casablanca (Morocco).

No comments:

Blog Archive