About Me

My photo
Hi everyone! Because I am so bad at emailing and keeping in contact with everyone, I thought this might be a better way to keep everyone informed about what is happening in my life. I am an airline pilot currently working and living in the Middle East. Previously I have flown for airlines in Australia and the US. I am divorced with 2 great children that live with their mother in Australia.

Sunday, January 23, 2005

Another wet day in Doha

I flew to Hyderabad India yesterday (instead of Bombay). It was a return flight with 3 hours on the ground at Hyderabad. I had a local first officer which got a bit upset with the flight attendants (wrongfully so) because he could not have everything he wanted on the flight. He became quite a little brat and I had to give him a bit of attitude adjusting… he was even less happy then - and to think that somebody with that sort of mental attitude will be in charge of an aircraft someday….scary!
Today I woke up early to the sound of pounding rain in Doha (again). If it keeps raining like this it might even start to turn green (well maybe just some green mould growing around beige Doha). My gym equipment arrived today (most of it at least), so I spent the morning putting it together and then had a great workout – no more going to the disgusting, dirty and stinky gyms of Doha! My poor living room is crammed full, but I rather that than go to the gyms here. I will post a picture of it when I return from my next flight. I tried to get a hold of the kids today, but could not get reach them:(.
Tonight I am flying to Muscat then returning to Doha and then off to Hyderabad for an overnight (or over-day since we arrive about at 7:30 am). I have had no sleep so it will be a long night…thank god for strong black coffee, Red Bull (sugar free of course) and that I am flying with a great Australian first officer (yippee!). I will be back on Tuesday – hopefully with some good pics and info on Hyderabad.

No comments:

Blog Archive