About Me

My photo
Hi everyone! Because I am so bad at emailing and keeping in contact with everyone, I thought this might be a better way to keep everyone informed about what is happening in my life. I am an airline pilot currently working and living in the Middle East. Previously I have flown for airlines in Australia and the US. I am divorced with 2 great children that live with their mother in Australia.

Friday, January 28, 2005

Tehran

Tehran is less than a 2 hour flight from Doha. The weather was clear, Tehran elevation is about 4300 feet and it has a mountain range that is just north of the city with one mountain (Mt. Damavand) that rises up to almost 18,550 feet. The mountains were covered with snow. They say there is very good skiing around Tehran (cheap but hard to get a visa!). The city is very large (12,000,000 people) and visibility was less than 4000 m (2.5 miles) due to the smog. The airport was large and seamed to be reasonably modern but we were not allowed to leave the aircraft so I have no idea what the terminal was like. (http://tehran.stanford.edu/imagemap/tehran.html)
Today I fly back to Tehran again and then tomorrow morning I am off to the Maldives. I will return to Doha on Monday for 12 hours, then to Cochin India for an overnight, returning on Wednesday about noon. Then I am going on vacation for 2 weeks. I will be going to Australia and then returning via Japan for a few days and Hong Kong.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HELLO KIRK. I ASSUME THIS IS SMOG ON THE BOTTOM HALF OF THE PICTURE. IT'S GOOD TO HERE YOU HAVE A 2 WEEK VACATION. THINGS ARE GOING OK HERE. ALREADY STARTING TO FEEL THE PRESSURE OF SPRING COMING ON. PRUNING APPLES, PEACHES, NECTARINES, TAKING OUT SOME VINEYARDS AND CUTTING DOWN THE GINGER GOLD APPLES.

HAROLD AND JANET

Blog Archive