About Me

My photo
Hi everyone! Because I am so bad at emailing and keeping in contact with everyone, I thought this might be a better way to keep everyone informed about what is happening in my life. I am an airline pilot currently working and living in the Middle East. Previously I have flown for airlines in Australia and the US. I am divorced with 2 great children that live with their mother in Australia.

Friday, January 07, 2005

Beige Doha

Today in Doha is beige! The sky, ground, people and houses. There is just a bit of dust/sand in the air with the visibility reduced to about 5 km. Sometime it can get to less than 100m of visibility is blowing sand-very hard on the eyes (and car paint jobs if you drive too fast!). The temperature is also very mild today (19C/66F) and feels almost cold…I think I have been in the desert to long! The Mosques are all wailing the noon time prayers through loud speakers…sort of sounds like a cross between a crazy lunatic choking a cat (nothing wrong with that…I love cats) while screaming demonic curses as loud as possible and bad reception on a old AM radio at maximum volume- not nice! I will watch the semi-final of the Qatar Open today if there is not too much dust in the air. This morning I flew to Muscat with a Sudanese co-pilot, he was a breath of fresh air (he could fly!) and seemed very nice.
Yesterday I went to The Seychelles. It was dark when we arrived and I could not see much. I came back as a passenger 3 hours later (daylight by then) and the island looks beautiful! It looks a lot like the Caribbean with white beaches and terrain climbing up to 3000 feet. I only got 1 picture but more will be coming on Monday. I fly there Saturday morning and return Monday afternoon
Sue has taken Ella and James to Perth and I had not been able to talk to the kids for the last 5 days. I just talked to them on the mobile phone and they seem to be having a good time. I miss the kids so much.
Then next post will be on Monday after I return from The Seychelles.

No comments:

Blog Archive