About Me

My photo
Hi everyone! Because I am so bad at emailing and keeping in contact with everyone, I thought this might be a better way to keep everyone informed about what is happening in my life. I am an airline pilot currently working and living in the Middle East. Previously I have flown for airlines in Australia and the US. I am divorced with 2 great children that live with their mother in Australia.

Monday, January 31, 2005

Kurumba!

I just returned from the Maldives (http://www.visitmaldives.com.mv/contents.htm). We arrived to the Maldives in the afternoon. The first officer (from Libya), CS (head flight attendant from India), and 2 flight attendants from Sri Lanka and Morocco came down to the pool. We enjoyed the afternoon sun and had a lovely dinner there. The next day we all met in the morning and went to a little island called Kurumba (http://www.unisurf.com/kurumba/intro.html). The price in the Maldives has increased due to the tsunami. Many of the resorts are still closed for repairs…and the open ones charge you for it! The weather was nice and we spent the day on the beach and snorkelling. After a nice day at Karumba we took the boat fishing. We only caught a few fish (saw 1000’s while snorkelling…where did they go when the lines went into the water?). The Sri Lankan flight attendant (the only girl) did the best with 2 good size fish, and the Moroccan caught his first fish ever… they were happy! I also caught 2 fish but they were the smallest 2 so we released them.
I arrived back into Doha about 11:30 a.m. and am leaving about midnight tonight to Cochin for another overnight. I return about noon on Wednesday…then 2 weeks off! See you all in Oz soon.

No comments:

Blog Archive